1. Watching a 3am football game at Cornell in the snow and seeing people act like kids again.
2. Hugging Jennifer, putting my nose in her hair and smelling strawberries.
3. Feeling my body relax when my head hits the pillow at night.
4. Remembering the joy in my father’s face on the first day of kindergarten.
5. Hannah’s eyes when her head is tipped down.
6. Having sled day with my boys at home.
7. Getting packages from people, love in the mailbox.
8. Wearing my Ezekiel hat and thinking about how much it means to me.
9. Blueberry cheese muffins from the dragon.
10. Putting my hands in things that are squishy, i.e. pudding mashed potatoes.
11. Being a respected person by my peers.
12. Taking pictures of friends without them knowing (candid shots).
13. Going to the top of the clock tower for no reason, just the view.
14. Walking alone and thinking about how smart I feel in the plantations.
17. Cuddling with someone I care about.
18. Dancing at a party and getting noticed.
20. Bragging about how cool my parents are.
21. Being so dead set on moving to California.
22. Knowing I could quit school now and get a really great job.
23. Understanding that my family loves me no matter what.
24. Nature at Cornell and walking home at night is so beautiful.
25. The understanding that I can, in 15 minutes learn and understand a new computer program.
26. Knowing that I value relationships over grades and act accordingly.
27. Having the audacity to dress the way I want and know that people wish they were me.
28. My confidence in all my skills.
29. I love going to a new place and making new friends, especially with common interests.
30. Hot, steaming fajitas with crisp vegetables.
31. Day dreaming about how I am going to have a beach front house and make money typing on my laptop in my boxers.
32. Working hard and getting a cool drink in the summer.
33. Cheese Fries the old way at Tasty Dog.
34. Eating tons of candy with the knowledge it will never turn to fat.
36. Being 165 pounds of twisted titanium.
37. Listening to the three Gymnopedes by Sate and relaxing.
38. Changing my earrings and sunglasses to redefine myself.
40. Trying new art supplies for the first time.
41. The memory of sledding down the steps in a big snow storm.
42. Trying on clothes and buying parts of an outfit for cheap.
43. My mobile from the Viking museum in Denmark.
44. Natalie’s smile and her laugh when I tell her a really stupid joke.
45. What did one burp say to the other burp? Letís be stinkers and go out the other end.
46. Asking pops to go to 7/11 for an ice cream cone.
47. All the Ladies I saw in Sweden, and enjoying the culture.
48. Comfy shoes and socks.
49. Playing basketball on Laguna Beach.
50. Lying on a blanket with Collene in a field of dandelions.
51. Styling my hair in spikes.
52. Dick the barber from the Sanitary Barber Shop calling me Ivy.
53. The first time I told Jennifer “I love you.” at Aux Sable Locks.
54. The smell of Hershey PA.
55. Sleeping in the Arts Quad freshmen year.
56. The joy of getting Doggie to turn on.
57. Riding the Big Wheels with Gary and Sam.
58. Going to the pool every summer with Oliver Wendell Holmes School.
59. Really God-Awful Bright Hawaiian shirts, especially in polyester.
60. The Tripping Game.
61. My mother drawing pictures on the brown bag for lunch.
62. Soft peanut butter and jelly on white bread, very squishy.
63. Jell-o jigglers and Jell-o.
63. Jumping off the second platform at Rhem pool in floaties.
65. Cards (asshole and euchre) with the CC team.
66. Cross Country sports followed by McDonald’s.
67. Comfortable blanket warmth on a cold night.
69. The shock of going from the sauna to the pool.
70. Watching cartoons late at night with Mikey.
71. Late night snacks.
72. Popcorn on my nightstand from The Mom and Pops.
73. Holiday magic singing carols to the bears and putting my face into the wooden walrus painting.
74. Climbing Open Bible at Mississippi Palasades, Eagles flying.
75. Surprise Birthday parties.
76. Drinking a few beers at the chapter house two years in a row at 12:01 AM.
77. Getting a free pint the second year at the chapter house when I am 22.
78. Putting pennies in the floorboards at 243 S. East Ave.
79. Disney world as a junior in high school, feeling young again.
80. Skateboarding to work at Signal Interactive.
81. New years eve and the craziness of Berlin.
82. Watching people open gifts that Iíve given them.
83. Wrestling with family members, especially pops, Bridget and Matt.
84. Having Matt Bridget and Marianne see me at Heps Freshmen year at Brown
85. Collapsing into Jen’s arms after a tough race at conference senior year.
86. Running with my father one year after he almost died from staph.
87. Playing on the power pad for Nintendo with JP in track and field.
88. Knowing how bad things could be (i.e. last spring) to how good they will continue to be.
89. Kissing and necking Erika in Dickson while the guys were outside messing around in the hall making noise.
90. Dinner and Dancing in the Prairie State Games with Lia.
91. Climbing around Louie’s rock gym roof.
92. Being able to make people smile and laugh.
93. Writing songs on the spot in my head and then singing about anything.
94. Summer trips to Warren Dunes.
95. Haunted Trails, Gradyís and mini golf in general.
96. Chuckie Cheese for Ski ball with The Mom and Rob always putting our tickets together in a cool way to get a family prize.
97. Indoor Kitchen Basketball from J Bikowski and itís legacy at home.
98. Being recruited and accepted to Yale, Penn, and Cornell.
99. Building the giant snowman, mud sliding , dressing up with the boys of Dickson.
100. All you can eat at Oakenshields and dancing at the dinner table and making fools of ourselves as the track team. The best food challenges and the dining hall classic, and bragging rites.
This is an awesome list and brightened up my day–thanks for posting it.
Wow! Thanks for putting all 100 things here. This book refreshes my memories too and reminds me of how many myriad ways we can manifest gratitude. The simplicity of your images really matches with the succinctness and directness of your narrative. I’m grinning from ear to ear with enjoyment.
Leave a comment